Anyone who has idly navigated to the home page of this blog may have noticed a countdown widget that I’ve added. When I did I got a bit of a shock, as it tells me today there is only one month and three weeks left until the trek.
Normally I would be quite sanguine about this, after all there is a lot you can achieve in the 53 odd days I have left. However it is a little more concerning as in those intervening days I have to fit in;
- 34 days of work. A drag, but someone’s got to fund the trip. Oh that’ll be me then.
- 3 days in Paris. It is our wedding anniversary after all.
- 3 days of weddings – and probably 2 days of recovery to go with them.
- My father’s 70th birthday party; another day and another day recovering.
- 4 days of weekends either away or with visitors where I won’t be able to get much else achieved.
Not even counting the ad-hoc bits pieces (small child wrangling, band practices, fish maintenance) exaggerated tabloid-style maths tells me I have only 5 days left to prepare.
How did that happen?
Next thing you’ll be telling me I should use early mornings and evenings to train….
Perhaps you could help my motivation, and if you haven’t already I could give you a gentle nudge in the direction of sponsoring me?